- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium loaf (about 8 ounces, or 12 medium-thick slices) brioche,
- challah, or other egg bread
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole, 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces very cold cream cheese, in 1 block
- Unsalted butter
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 package frozen raspberries, defrosted
- Confectioners' sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon, or to taste
- Warm 6 serving plates in the oven at 200 degrees.
- Slice the bread into 12 pieces. In a bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy.
- Add the milk, cream, salt, vanilla and granulated sugar and whisk to blend. Pour into a sheet pan with sides. Arrange the bread slices in the pan in a single layer and let soak. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife,
- cut the cream cheese into 12 thin slices. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Add about 1 tablespoon of butter and melt until foamy. Working in 2 batches if necessary, arrange the soaked bread slices in the skillet. Cook until lightly brown, about 3 minutes.
- Lay 2 slices of cream cheese on top then place 1/6 of the raspberries on top of the cheese. Place another slice of soaked bread on top and
- press firmly with the back of a spatula. Turn the "sandwich" over and brown on the other side, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to warmed
- serving plates.
- Coulis: In a large bowl puree defrosted raspberries. Stir in confectioners' sugar and lemon juice to taste. Through a fine sieve into a serving bowl, strain raspberries.
Notessounds delicious!!! would love to try, but sounds like alot of work.