- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and deboned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a non-stick skillet add oil; add chioken to skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove chicken, place on oven proof plate and keep in warm (200ºF)oven. Sauté onion until tender. Add the preserves, vinegar, thyme,salt and pepper to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until preserves is melted and sauce is heated through. Add chicken, cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve with brown rice pilaf (see recipe under side dishes) and steamed vegetables.
NotesWe are always looking for recipes which are low in saturated fat and low in sodium and this recipe became one of our favorite recipes.