- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 (10.75 ounce) package prepared pound cake
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
In a medium bowl, beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
In another bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar.
Fold 2 cups of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
Reserve remaining whipped cream.
Slice pound cake into 18 - 1/2 inch slices.
Drain raspberries, reserving juice.
Line the bottom of a 3 quart glass bowl or trifle bowl with one-third of the cake slices.
Drizzle with some raspberry juice.
Spread one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture over cake.
Sift one-fourth of the cocoa over that.
Sprinkle with one-third of the raspberries.
Repeat layers twice.
Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, whipped cream and sifted cocoa.
Cover and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.