- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 4 days
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1 pint mild white vinegar
- About 4 C sugar
- Crush 1 pint berries in bowl.
- Cover with vinegar.
- Cover bowl with plastic.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 days.
- Strain through doubled cheesecloth.
- Pour over remaining berries, also crushed.
- Let stand 2 days.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Bring slowly to boiling point.
- Boil 10 minutes.
- Strain into sterilized bottles and cover.
NotesYield: About 1-1/2 quarts.
Use 2 to 3 tablespoons in large glass of iced water for a cooling beverage.
For flavor variation, try half-and-half mixture of raspberries and strawberries.
Recipe from Jean Lesem’s The Pleasures of Preserving and Pickling (Alfred A. Knopf).
Photo of Sweet Raspberry Vinegar by Taste of Home: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sweet-raspberry-vinegar