- Cooking Time: 54 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons dry thyme
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 14 ounce blocks of firm tofu, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 3 medium zucchini,diced
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 14 ounce cans tomato sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a large pan add olive oil and heat on medium heat.
- Add carrots and sauté for 8 minutes or until mostely tender.
- Add onion and next three ingredients; sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, eggplant and zucchini; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine and tomato sauce, cumin, salt & pepper ; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NotesThe original recipe we found in one of our Cooking Light Cookbooks, but changed quite a bit to please our taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More