- Cooking Time: 54 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons dry thyme
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 14 ounce blocks of firm tofu, diced
- 1 large eggplant, diced
- 3 medium zucchini,diced
- 1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 14 ounce cans tomato sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a large pan add olive oil and heat on medium heat.
- Add carrots and sauté for 8 minutes or until mostely tender.
- Add onion and next three ingredients; sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, eggplant and zucchini; sauté 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, wine and tomato sauce, cumin, salt & pepper ; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NotesThe original recipe we found in one of our Cooking Light Cookbooks, but changed quite a bit to please our taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More