- Cooking Time: 25–30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 60
- 3 cups eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sweet pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, skinned and drained*
- 3 tbsp dry wine, chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil or oregano, snipped
- Scatter eggplant and zucchini with salt; leave to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and dry eggplant and zucchini well.
- In a large skillet, cook onions and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, sweet pepper, wine, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes until done but not soft and mushy, being careful not to overcook.
- Uncover and cook about 5 minutes more or until most of the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper.
- Stir in basil just before serving.
Notes*Canned tomatoes may be used but drain well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More