- Cooking Time: 25–30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 60
- 3 cups eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup sweet pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, skinned and drained*
- 3 tbsp dry wine, chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil or oregano, snipped
- Scatter eggplant and zucchini with salt; leave to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and dry eggplant and zucchini well.
- In a large skillet, cook onions and garlic in hot oil over medium heat until onion is tender.
- Stir in eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, sweet pepper, wine, salt and black pepper.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes until done but not soft and mushy, being careful not to overcook.
- Uncover and cook about 5 minutes more or until most of the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper.
- Stir in basil just before serving.
Notes*Canned tomatoes may be used but drain well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Koken met OmaSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More