- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 20 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 cups semolina
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Lemon rind
- 9 cups sugar
- 7 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Whisk the egg whites into fluffy meringue and add one egg yolk.
- Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, semolina and lemon rind.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- Leave to cool and prepare syrup.
- Bring the water to boil with the sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Cut into pieces while still in the baking tin and pour the syrup over after it has cool to room temperature
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More