- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 oz fresh Arugala, blanched and squeezed dry (Chop rough)
- 1 oz Chopped Parsley
- 1 shallot minced
- 4 oz Prosciutto chopped or ground
- 1/4 tsp chopped sage
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup finely grated Grana Padano
- 1/2 lb ground veal
- A couple of pinches of mace
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 lbs fresh pasta sheets (For those living in San Diego, I cheat and buy pasta sheets at Assenti's Pasta in Little Italy, near the Mona Lisa Deli where I find my Vialone Nano, Arborrio and Carnaroli rice for Risotto)
- 1 egg + 1 TB water beaten for wash
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- 6 TB unsalted butter
- 14 Whole Sage leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted Walnuts
- Shaved Parmagiano-Reggiano for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350, lay out walnuts in a single layer and toast for 8-10 minutes or until fragrant.
- Blend Arugala, Shallot, Parsley and Prosciutto with Sage in a food processor.
- Move mixture to a bowl and add Veal, Grana Padano, Egg, Egg yolk and Mace, stir with a spatula until well combined.
- Lay a paper towel on a baking sheet.
- Spoon out 1 tsp portions about 2 inches apart and 3/4 inches from one edge.
- Brush around the filling mounds with the egg wash, fold the pasta sheet over and press out all the air to seal. Cut in between the mounds and lay on the baking sheet.
- Bring a large pot to boil filled 3/4 of the way with salted water. You will have to work in batches. Place a few ravioli in water, when they are done cooking they will float.
- Remove to a colander and drain
- In a sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat and add sage leaves, when butter begins to brown, remove from heat and add cooked ravioli and roasted walnuts toss briefly and serve with shaved Parmagiano-Reggiano.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More