- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Three 1-lb. packages of mini cheese ravioli
- 1 or 2 large red onion chopped
- 1 or 2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 or 2 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cans small black pitted olives, drained
- 1 lb. cheese, cubed (I use muenster, jack, american but you can use anything)
- 1/2 to 1 lb. salami, pepperoni, ham or any meat you like, cubed
- 2 packages Good Seasons italian dressing mix
- oil and vinegar to make dressing
- 2 8 ounce cans of tomato sauce
- Cook ravioli and drain. In large bowl or pan, mix all chopped vegetables and olives. Add ravioli to vegetables. Make salad dressing in a large jar or mixing bowl. (I always save an old mayonnaise jar for just this use) Add tomato sauce to Italian dressing and shake well until incorporated. Add dressing to veggies and ravioli and toss to coat. Cover bowl and let marinade overnight in refrigerator, stirring occasionally. Just before serving add cheeses, meats, and any other delicate veggies you might like to include, such as cherry tomatoes, fresh broccoli, zucchini, cauliflower, etc.
NotesThis salad is always a favorite. I make it for every party and there's never enough left for my family to be happy. It's very easy and really has no precise recipe, but is great for a crowd. I think it's the dressing that makes it so good. I usually double the amount of dressing and add dressing to it again just before serving. It makes a delicious tomato/Italian vinaigrette dressing that can be used for any salad. Just store leftover dressing in the refrigerator. Also, you could easily substitute tortellini or just pasta curls for the ravioli.