- Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. Sweet Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 14-1/2 oz cans Chicken Broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 9 oz package frozen cheese filled ravioli
- 1 15 oz can Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 1 14-1/2 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- Grated Parmesan Cheese, for garnish
- 1. Brown sausage and cook garlic in a heavy pot over medium heat until tender, stirring to break up sausage, about 5 minutes. Pour off excess fat, remove sausage mixture from pot and set aside.
- 2. Heat chicken broth and water to a boil in same pot over medium-high heat. Add ravioli; cook 4-5 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans, stewed tomatoes, sausage mixture, oregano and black pepper; heat through. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.
NotesThis recipe is one that my mother would make. This is my absolute favorite soup to make. It reminds me of her and how much she loved it. She passed last year, so every time I make this I think of her and how much she enjoyed it. It is perfect on a cold night and to share with friends. I usually double this recipe and sometimes, if need be, I will triple it. It is a favorite in my home. It is super simple to make and very delicious.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
NFPG Recipe Collection
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More