- Cooking Time: 50 min
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1/2 C Unsalted Butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla or Lemon Juice or Lemon peel
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tblsp Warm Honey
- 2 C Sifted Flour Sift again with:
- 1/2 tsp each Salt & Soda & Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg & allspice
- 3 Tblsp Buttermilk or substitute with
- 1 tsp white Vinegar & add Milk to equal 3 Tblsp total
- 1 Heaping C of chopped unpeeled apples
- 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake approx 50 min
- Use Pam or Butter on a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan
- In large bowl: Cream butter, sugar & honey; add eggs & vanilla.
- Separate bow: Sift all dry ingredients 3 times.
- Add 1/2 of sifted flour, add milk & mix, & add rest of flour mixture.
- Add Apples & nuts & gently fold in
- Topping: sprinkle on top before baking:
- 1/4 C chopped nuts blended with 2 tsp sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon.
- I like to double recipe & place in 12 C Bundt pan, may take an additional 20 min
NotesThis recipe came from a cookbook I have had for several years. I added a twist or 2 to it. This has to be my favorite bread. Great with a cup of coffee or tea. You can even spread a little butter on it
Submitted by: "Patty San Diego"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Koken met OmaSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More