- Cooking Time: 50 min
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1/2 C Unsalted Butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla or Lemon Juice or Lemon peel
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tblsp Warm Honey
- 2 C Sifted Flour Sift again with:
- 1/2 tsp each Salt & Soda & Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp each nutmeg & allspice
- 3 Tblsp Buttermilk or substitute with
- 1 tsp white Vinegar & add Milk to equal 3 Tblsp total
- 1 Heaping C of chopped unpeeled apples
- 1/2 C Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake approx 50 min
- Use Pam or Butter on a 9"x5"x3" loaf pan
- In large bowl: Cream butter, sugar & honey; add eggs & vanilla.
- Separate bow: Sift all dry ingredients 3 times.
- Add 1/2 of sifted flour, add milk & mix, & add rest of flour mixture.
- Add Apples & nuts & gently fold in
- Topping: sprinkle on top before baking:
- 1/4 C chopped nuts blended with 2 tsp sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon.
- I like to double recipe & place in 12 C Bundt pan, may take an additional 20 min
NotesThis recipe came from a cookbook I have had for several years. I added a twist or 2 to it. This has to be my favorite bread. Great with a cup of coffee or tea. You can even spread a little butter on it
Submitted by: "Patty San Diego"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More