- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 small
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup beets, grated (1-2 beets)
- 1 cup carrots, grated (approx. 1 carrot)
- 2 large scallions, chopped on an angle
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced (approx. 1 inch piece)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (or other neutral oil of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (approx. juice of 1/2 lime)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Peel the beets. Grate the beets and carrot by hand. Chop the scallion and mince the ginger. Scrape into a bowl.
- Toss with the salt, pepper, mustard, oil and lime juice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Toss in the coriander and serve.
NotesFeaturing: beets, carrots and coriander
A quick and easy way to enjoy beets raw. Check out the link below to vegan author and NY Times columnist's Mark Bittman's suggestions for variations on this recipe (ex.: by using beets & parsley, beet-cabbage-orange, etc.)