- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whole raw cashews
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 cups ground golden flaxseeds (brown flaxseeds can be substituted)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp dried chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- Soak cashews in 4 cups water for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- Cut the corn from the cob.
- Grind the flaxseeds in a coffee mill or blender.
- Grind the cashews, corn, garlic, parsley, and cilantro in a blender or food processor, adding a little water as necessary to blend smooth.
- In a bowl, mix lime zest, lime juice, chili pepper, coriander seeds, and sea salt thoroughly into mixture.
- Spread the mixture thinly on nonstick sheets to the edges of the dehydrator trays.
- Use clean, wet hands or a rubber spatula for easy spreading.
- Dehydrate at 108 degrees for 12-20 hours or until almost dry.
- Peel off the nonstick sheets.
- Cut into triangles, squares, or rectangles.
- Return to the dehydrator without the nonstick sheets for a few hours or until crispy.
- Store in resealable bags in a cool dry place, in the refrigerator, or the freezer.
NotesRequires a dehydrator. Makes 4-6 cups of chips. Great with salsa or guacamole. Add more chili pepper for more heat.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More