- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whole raw cashews
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 cups ground golden flaxseeds (brown flaxseeds can be substituted)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp dried chili pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- Soak cashews in 4 cups water for 1-2 hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- Cut the corn from the cob.
- Grind the flaxseeds in a coffee mill or blender.
- Grind the cashews, corn, garlic, parsley, and cilantro in a blender or food processor, adding a little water as necessary to blend smooth.
- In a bowl, mix lime zest, lime juice, chili pepper, coriander seeds, and sea salt thoroughly into mixture.
- Spread the mixture thinly on nonstick sheets to the edges of the dehydrator trays.
- Use clean, wet hands or a rubber spatula for easy spreading.
- Dehydrate at 108 degrees for 12-20 hours or until almost dry.
- Peel off the nonstick sheets.
- Cut into triangles, squares, or rectangles.
- Return to the dehydrator without the nonstick sheets for a few hours or until crispy.
- Store in resealable bags in a cool dry place, in the refrigerator, or the freezer.
NotesRequires a dehydrator. Makes 4-6 cups of chips. Great with salsa or guacamole. Add more chili pepper for more heat.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Growers' Giveback Potluck
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More