- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
BackstoryThis quick easy Summer cooler is like “liquid guacamole” that kicked me into a pleasure-induced coma that had me “coat-checking” my teeth and dreaming up a recipe for a “taco in a glass”. I have deliberately kept this soup simple. It is deceptively rich – with a subtle flavor that dances across the palate before leaving a lasting impression. Have a few tastes before you add more pizzazz. Also, allow for some chilling time to allow the flavors to infuse. Traditional gazpacho is made with cold water with purists serving it at room temperature. However, I find that avocados can get a bit warm after being blended; and I prefer to enjoy this soup chilled. I served this soup as a main meal garnished with extra avocado, tomato, cilantro, and green onions. If you serve it with all the toppings in soup bowls – this recipe serves about 4 – 6 people. But, those of you who are less indulgent avocado connoisseurs might find that “a little goes a long way”. If this is the case, you can stretch this recipe to 8 people and serve it in small ramekins or glasses for an appetizer. Alternatively, the base is flavorful enough to stand alone. It has a smooth, creamy texture and flavor and is delicious served as a tiny taster in shot glasses. You could jazz this up with a dash of Tabasco and a sprig of cilantro. Yummo! This recipe is a wonderful allergy-friendly dish for something different on a hot Summer’s day, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, egg-free and soy-free. Thankfully – not taste free!
- 3 cups or 3 large avocados chopped
- 2 cups cubed cucumbers
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp / 1/2 small green chili chopped for a bit of heat
- 3/4 cup filtered water to thin out to desired consistency.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (juice of 2 juicy limes)
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 freshly diced tomatoes (omit if on Body Ecology)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Place all the ingredients in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Flavour to taste and chill before serving.
- Serve with “all the toppings” or on its own in small ramekins or shot glasses. YUM!