- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup of raw almond milk, cashew milk, macadamia milk, hemp milk or soy milk
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice or apple juice
- 2 organic bananas
- 1 â€“ 2 cups of fresh or frozen organic blueberries
- 1 handful of organic raw almonds
- 1 handful of organic raw walnuts
- 2 Tbsp organic raw flaxseeds/linseeds
- Put all of your ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Add more liquid if you prefer a thinner consistency.
NotesI used to enjoy a version of this raw vegan blueberry smoothie every single week of my life! I use blueberries most days as they are truly one the most magical, antioxidant rich foods on the planet â€“ full of vitamins, minerals and fibre; and are relatively low GI.
It is not hard to get most people to chow down on some fresh blueberries with pleasure. But I know a lot of people who donâ€™t like to eat nuts -- particularly raw nuts. As a result, they are missing out on all of the raw nutty magic. If you are one of those people, this raw blueberry smoothie is a fantastic solution. It is also a winner for everyone who wants to incorporate antioxidant, nutritionally dense raw foods into their diet, and wants a healthy smoothie that tastes fantastic.
The other fantastic thing about this vegan blueberry smoothie is that it is dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free. If you are after nut free â€“ just take the nuts out and it tastes great too! But if you eat it as is, in one blast of your blender you have taken care of the recommended berry, raw nut and milk intake for the day. Change the berries and vegan milk options around every day for some variety and added benefit.
Either way -- this is berry good. You can halve this smoothie recipe if you want a smaller dose. I confess -- I am berry greedy!