- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 5-10 mins
- 1 cup nuts – raw almonds, cashews, macadamias
- 1/2 cup organic pitted chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- a couple of drops – 1/8 tsp of natural almond essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Mix the coconut and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside for rolling.
- Put all other ingredients in a food processor, and slowly add in the orange juice if it doesn’t bind together completely.
- Roll into small balls and coat with the coconut mixture.
- Store in a sealed glass container in the fridge.
NotesMy mom and I make these raw fruit balls all the time and they are absolutely delicious. We use raw almonds, cashews and macadamias as our nutty blend. But you could use any nuts that tickle your festive fancy. Just know that each nut mix will yield a treat of a different personality. Roll out these vegan treats. They make great snacks in school or work lunch boxes; great power snacks for a long work out; or a great little bite to put beside a cup of herbal tea. These will last in a sealed glass container in the fridge for weeks. But they never do!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Italy or BustSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More