- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
BackstoryOK, so this shake is absolutely scrumptious. I cannot rave enough about it.
This shake is decadent, rich, creamy, and delicious. If you want to make this shake colder, add in some ice cubes. If you want it richer, feel free to get a bit more heavy-handed with the cacao – that is for you self respecting chocoholics out there – motto being “the richer the better”. If you want it sweeter, feel free to tempt fate. But I will warn you, for me, this shake got sweeter the more I drank it. And because I was a stellar pig and devoured the whole trough on my own (two full glasses), I found that less, really is more! My sister TOTALLY disagreed and could have had more of her chocolate rich version! Either way – I’ll take out a stake in this shake!
- 2 cups home made raw macadamia nut milk
- 2 frozen very ripe organic bananas
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or raw agave nectar – or more to taste
- pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Throw all the ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Makes two 8 ounce glasses