- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis raw vegan corn salad is super easy and absolutely scrumptious. I have to admit, I am not a huge fan of corn. Well the vegetable variety anyway. I don’t cook with it very often as I can think of so many other more nutritious vegetables I prefer to work with. But there is something about the light zestiness of the lime juice and the heat of the chili that puts a zing in the step of even the most corn-phobic diner and bewitches the palate, creating culinary music of a very simple and universal nature. And the best thing about this salad? It doesn’t taste “corny”!
I have added the quantities of chili, garlic and lime juice that I like. I used frozen corn, but fresh is always best. The best part is, that either way, you don’t have to cook the corn. Just soak it in some hot water for a few minutes and then drain. Throw it together and season to taste. YUM!
- 4 cups organic corn kernels
- 1 cup (1 medium) diced red pepper
- 1 cup (1 large) finely diced vine ripened tomato
- 1 cup (1 large) avocado diced
- 1 cup (1 bunch) fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp (about 1) finely chopped serrano chili or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp (2-3 cloves) finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt or more to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Soak the raw corn in some hot water for a few minutes and then drain.
- Toss with the other ingredients, season to taste and then get corny!