- Cooking Time: 32-47
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stk) butter or margarine
- 2 cups (12 oz. pkg) white morsels (divided)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat over to 325 F. Grease and sugar 9" square baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100% power) for 1 minute; stir. Ass 1 cup white morsels; let stand. Do not stir.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in morsel-butter mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until combined. Spread 2/3 of batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Heat jam in small, microwave safe bowl on HIGH (100% power) for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter. Drop spoonfulls of batter over jam. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
NotesI don't usually care for raspberries but this recipe is awesome!