- Cooking Time: 6-10
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 lbs. ground chuck
- 3 Tbsp. steak sauce (A-1)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- 12 hamburger buns
- Carefully mix the meat, steak sauce, egg yolks, salt and pepper with the tines of a fork, but do not mash it.
- Lightly form each hamburger and lightly press into a patty shape.
- Make an indentation and put a thin slice of butter inside each hamburger, making sure the butter is entirely encased in the meat.
- Heat grill, broiler, or sauté pan and cook the burgers for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until almost done.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the hamburgers to rest for 5 minutes and serve immediately on buns.
NotesI'm not sure, but I think this one comes from Ina Garten. In any event, they are delicious!