- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 large diced tomatoes
- 1 diced medium onions
- 1/4 bunch cilantro-you can use more or less depending on your taste
- the juice half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapenos- or more if you prefer it hotter
- optional ingredients
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- Wash tomatoes and cilantro.
- Dice tomatoes, onions, chop cilantro, jalapenos, and the optional ingredients(avocado, cucumber)
- Put ingredients in a bowl,add salt, garlic, & lemon juice. mix it up and serve.
- You can roast your tomatoes for great flavor.Heat up a frying pan or skillet on medium high heat. Place whole tomatoes in the cookware and toast the outside of it until the skin begins to break and split apart. remove from heat and continue with step two.
- If you prefer smooth salsa as opposed to chunky just put all this good stuff in the blender.
NotesThis is a great addition to any meal. Put it on grilled chicken or grilled steak. Add it to a bowl of beans or eggs. Its a great way to get your full servings of veggies. To change it up add some diced cucumber or diced avocado. put it in a taco or over enchiladas. Sautee it with a teaspoon of olive oil and throw in some shrimp or chicken, or just serve with tortilla chips. It also can be served over a bed of cabbage with a dollop of sour cream and maybe some shredded cheese. The versatility of this salsa is limitless!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More