- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 1/2 pounds fresh red currants, stemmed
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin, (about 6 3/4 teaspoons)
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin, (about 4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh blueberries
- 2 ounces fresh currants, on the stem
- Make the currant gelatin: Put currants and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until currants are very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Put 1/3 cup cold water into a small bowl; sprinkle with gelatin.
- Let soften 5 minutes.
- Add to currant mixture; stir until gelatin has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl set in an ice-water bath, gently pressing out liquid with a spoon; discard solids.
- Remove from water bath, and let stand, stirring occasionally, until cool but not set.
- Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons currant gelatin into each of twelve 8- to 10-ounce glasses; set remaining currant gelatin aside.
- Refrigerate glasses until gelatin is completely set, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the panna cotta: Put 1/3 cup cold water into a small bowl; sprinkle with gelatin. Let soften 5 minutes.
- Put milk, cream, and sugar into a medium saucepan; bring almost to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Add gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a bowl set in an ice-water bath.
- Remove from water bath; let stand, stirring occasionally, until cool but not set.
- Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons panna cotta over currant gelatin in each glass; set remaining panna cotta aside.
- Refrigerate glasses until panna cotta is set, about 1 hour.
- Repeat with another layer of currant gelatin and panna cotta.
- If either mixture becomes too firm, set over a pot of simmering water until softened.
- To serve, top each parfait with blueberries and currants, dividing evenly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More