- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- red and blue food colorings
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, walnuts and orange juice.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, divide dough into 3 equal sections.
- Knead red food coloring into 1 dough section; knead blue food coloring into another section. Leave the remaining section plain.
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Line the bottom of the prepared pan with blue dough.
- Top blue dough with plain dough.
- Top plain dough with red dough.
- Cover pan with foil and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Remove dough from pan.
- Using a large knife, slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until firm to the touch, 10-12 minutes.
- Place baking sheets on wire racks; cool slightly. Transfer cookies to racks; cool completely.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More