RED, WHITE AND BLUE COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- red and blue food colorings
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, walnuts and orange juice.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, divide dough into 3 equal sections.
- Knead red food coloring into 1 dough section; knead blue food coloring into another section. Leave the remaining section plain.
- Line a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- Line the bottom of the prepared pan with blue dough.
- Top blue dough with plain dough.
- Top plain dough with red dough.
- Cover pan with foil and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Remove dough from pan.
- Using a large knife, slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place slices on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until firm to the touch, 10-12 minutes.
- Place baking sheets on wire racks; cool slightly. Transfer cookies to racks; cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Foodie BabySee More
Chicken LinguineSee More