- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dry, uncooked red (kidney) beans, soaked overnight
- 1 can canned kidney (or red) beans, drained and rinsed(~16 oz)
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 t oregano
- 2 t sugar
- garnish with parsley
- f you use DRY beans, SOAK them in water overnight. DRAIN.
- Cook in 1 quart fresh water for 2 hours.
- Check every so often after one hour cooking, to make sure they dont overcook (start to fall apart). DRAIN.
- If you use canned beans, DRAIN AND RINSE.
- COOK pasta, DRAIN, CHILL in cold water.
- Put, beans, pasta and peas in a big-enough bowl. ADD all OTHER ingredients.
- Serves 6-8 big (main) portions.
NotesServes 6-8 big (main) portions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More