- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dry, uncooked red (kidney) beans, soaked overnight
- 1 can canned kidney (or red) beans, drained and rinsed(~16 oz)
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 t oregano
- 2 t sugar
- garnish with parsley
- f you use DRY beans, SOAK them in water overnight. DRAIN.
- Cook in 1 quart fresh water for 2 hours.
- Check every so often after one hour cooking, to make sure they dont overcook (start to fall apart). DRAIN.
- If you use canned beans, DRAIN AND RINSE.
- COOK pasta, DRAIN, CHILL in cold water.
- Put, beans, pasta and peas in a big-enough bowl. ADD all OTHER ingredients.
- Serves 6-8 big (main) portions.
NotesServes 6-8 big (main) portions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More