- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup dry, uncooked red (kidney) beans, soaked overnight
- 1 can canned kidney (or red) beans, drained and rinsed(~16 oz)
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1 t oregano
- 2 t sugar
- garnish with parsley
- f you use DRY beans, SOAK them in water overnight. DRAIN.
- Cook in 1 quart fresh water for 2 hours.
- Check every so often after one hour cooking, to make sure they dont overcook (start to fall apart). DRAIN.
- If you use canned beans, DRAIN AND RINSE.
- COOK pasta, DRAIN, CHILL in cold water.
- Put, beans, pasta and peas in a big-enough bowl. ADD all OTHER ingredients.
- Serves 6-8 big (main) portions.
NotesServes 6-8 big (main) portions.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Cooking with SabraSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More