- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup irish oatmeal
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean -- split lengthwise and scraped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ripe raspberries
- 1 cup ripe strawberries -- rinsed, hulled and quartered
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water and oatmeal to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, heavy cream, vanilla bean and scrapings, and sugar. Add enough water to just cover rice mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until all water has been absorbed.
- Continue cooking, adding about 1 cup water at a time and stirring until it is absorbed and rice is just al dente, about 40 minutes. You will need to add a total of about 3 1/2 cups water before rice is done.
- Remove from heat, and stir in reserved oatmeal. Add raspberries, and stir to combine. Add strawberries, and continue stirring until risotto is slightly pink, 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a very interesting dish from Martha Stewart Living. One of my favorite things to eat... I'm not sure exactly what it is - breakfast? dessert? I've eaten it for dinner!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More