- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup irish oatmeal
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean -- split lengthwise and scraped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ripe raspberries
- 1 cup ripe strawberries -- rinsed, hulled and quartered
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water and oatmeal to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, heavy cream, vanilla bean and scrapings, and sugar. Add enough water to just cover rice mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until all water has been absorbed.
- Continue cooking, adding about 1 cup water at a time and stirring until it is absorbed and rice is just al dente, about 40 minutes. You will need to add a total of about 3 1/2 cups water before rice is done.
- Remove from heat, and stir in reserved oatmeal. Add raspberries, and stir to combine. Add strawberries, and continue stirring until risotto is slightly pink, 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
NotesThis is a very interesting dish from Martha Stewart Living. One of my favorite things to eat... I'm not sure exactly what it is - breakfast? dessert? I've eaten it for dinner!
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More