- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI don't tend to measure, so these are approximates on the seasonings. Feel free to add more for your preference! This is awesome as a side for grilled meats, or on burgers.
- 1 small red cabbage, quartered and sliced thin
- 1 med. red onion, quartered and sliced thin
- 1 large green apple, chopped
- 1 Tbls. cumin
- 1 Tbls. nutmeg
- 1 Tbls. grill seasoning
- 3 Tbls. brown sugar
- 3 splashes apple cider vinegar
- In a large pan, heat a bit of olive oil.
- Add cabbage and cook over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add apple and onion and cook another 5 - 7 minutes. Add seasonings, sugar, and cider and reduce heat while stirring.
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes or until veggies are softened.