- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon spicy or Creole mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium unpeeled Gala, Red Delicious, or Fuji apples, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 2 cups coarsely shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk both vinegars and mustard in small bowl. Gradually whisk in the honey and olive oil.
- Toss apples with lemon juice, shredded cabbage, and dried cranberries. Add dressing and toss. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in pecans, if using. Refrigerate the salad and toss again before serving.
NotesA good summer slaw for a summer cook out.