- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can traditional enchilada suace (red0
- 1 can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup drained, sliced black olives
- 2 Tbsp canned chopped green chiles
- 8 (6 inch) yellow corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the taco seasoning, garlic, and salt. Rub the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts to cover. Let stand 10 minutes, then place the breasts side by side on the grill.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook the breast for 3-5 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Remove from the grill and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, combine the enchilada sauces. Stir occasionally until simmering.
- In a medium bowl, mix 1 1/4 cups of cheese, the cilantro, olives and chiles. Set aside.
- Coarsely shop one chicken breast. Repeat with remaining breasts and keep each resulting pile of chopped chicken separate from the others.
- Sppon 1/2 of the sauce into a 13×9 inch baking dish, spreading it evenly to cover the bottom. Wrap the tortillas in a damp dish towel and microwave until just warm and pliable, about 30 seconds. dip one tortilla in the remaining sauce, then place 1/8 of the cheese mixure down the cneter of the tortilla. Top with 1/2 of a chopped chicken breast. Fold the sides of the tortilla into the center so they overlap, creating a tube, and plac ethe tube seam side down in the dish.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas, chicken and cheese mixture, placing them side by side in teh dish. Ladle the remaining sauce over the top then sprinkle the tops evenly with reserved cheese.
- cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes or unti lthe cheese is melted both on the top and on the insides.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More