- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 (serving size 1 sq)
- Preparation Time:
- * 3/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- * 2/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- * 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- * 1/8 teaspoon salt
- * 2 cups Red Chile Sauce
- * Cooking spray
- * 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- * 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process 1 minute or until smooth. Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, onion, and salt, stirring well.
- Spread 1/4 cup Red Chile Sauce in bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping slightly. Spread 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture evenly over tortillas; top with 1/2 cup Red Chile Sauce.
- Repeat the layers once with 4 tortillas, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and 1/2 cup Red Chile Sauce.
- Arrange remaining 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping slightly; spoon remaining 3/4 cup Red Chile Sauce over tortillas.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
The Italian Exchange
culinary karmaSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More