- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 (serving size 1 sq)
- Preparation Time:
- * 3/4 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- * 2/3 cup (2 1/2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- * 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- * 1/8 teaspoon salt
- * 2 cups Red Chile Sauce
- * Cooking spray
- * 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- * 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor; process 1 minute or until smooth. Combine cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, onion, and salt, stirring well.
- Spread 1/4 cup Red Chile Sauce in bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping slightly. Spread 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixture evenly over tortillas; top with 1/2 cup Red Chile Sauce.
- Repeat the layers once with 4 tortillas, remaining cottage cheese mixture, and 1/2 cup Red Chile Sauce.
- Arrange remaining 4 tortillas over sauce, overlapping slightly; spoon remaining 3/4 cup Red Chile Sauce over tortillas.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 squares.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Playdough using cream of tartar
Frozen Lemonade Pie
Jams and MarmaladesSee More