- Cooking Time: 45minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15minutes
- 1 pound ground beef(I like ground sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalepenos, seeded and diced
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or your favorite hot sauce
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. Brown beef in canola oil over medium-heat in a medium to large pan, making sure to break up any big pieces.
- 2. Once beef is all browned, transfer the beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl, leaving the meat drippings in the pan.
- 3. Add the garlic,onions, and jalepenos and cook til translucent about 5-6 mins.
- 4. Add the browned meat back to the pan, and add all of the spices.
- 5. Cook for about 5minutes.
- 6. Add the both cans of tomatoes, and the beans.
- 7. Simmer on low for 1 hour.( I like to make mine in the morning and simmer the whole day.)
NotesThis Chili recipe is my own, that I have been working on for about 7 years, and I think it is finally fine tuned that I can share with everyone. What makes this chili orginal is the combination of flavors from the spices and herbs that I use.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More