- Cooking Time: 45minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15minutes
- 1 pound ground beef(I like ground sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalepenos, seeded and diced
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or your favorite hot sauce
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1. Brown beef in canola oil over medium-heat in a medium to large pan, making sure to break up any big pieces.
- 2. Once beef is all browned, transfer the beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl, leaving the meat drippings in the pan.
- 3. Add the garlic,onions, and jalepenos and cook til translucent about 5-6 mins.
- 4. Add the browned meat back to the pan, and add all of the spices.
- 5. Cook for about 5minutes.
- 6. Add the both cans of tomatoes, and the beans.
- 7. Simmer on low for 1 hour.( I like to make mine in the morning and simmer the whole day.)
NotesThis Chili recipe is my own, that I have been working on for about 7 years, and I think it is finally fine tuned that I can share with everyone. What makes this chili orginal is the combination of flavors from the spices and herbs that I use.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, SatisfyingSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More