- Cooking Time: 45minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15minutes
- 1 pound ground beef(I like ground sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 fresh jalepenos, seeded and diced
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or your favorite hot sauce
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1. Brown beef in canola oil over medium-heat in a medium to large pan, making sure to break up any big pieces.
2. Once beef is all browned, transfer the beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl, leaving the meat drippings in the pan.
3. Add the garlic,onions, and jalepenos and cook til translucent about 5-6 mins.
4. Add the browned meat back to the pan, and add all of the spices.
5. Cook for about 5minutes.
6. Add the both cans of tomatoes, and the beans.
7. Simmer on low for 1 hour.( I like to make mine in the morning and simmer the whole day.)