- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs Parsnips, pealed, cored, diced
- 1 can, Coconut milk
- 2 cans, Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste, or to taste
- salt and pepper
- Heat peanut oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and saute for 10 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add parsnips, coconut milk, chicken stock and red curry paste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a immersion blender or regular blender, puree soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
NotesI decided several months ago to grow some parsnips because they can be a good addition for making a really nice stock, or for roasting to add flavor to gravy. Now that they're ready to harvest, I have so many that I decided there has to be something more to do with them. I ate at a Thai restaurant yesterday, so the idea of curry came to mind. Here's what I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More