- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs Parsnips, pealed, cored, diced
- 1 can, Coconut milk
- 2 cans, Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste, or to taste
- salt and pepper
- Heat peanut oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and saute for 10 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add parsnips, coconut milk, chicken stock and red curry paste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using a immersion blender or regular blender, puree soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
NotesI decided several months ago to grow some parsnips because they can be a good addition for making a really nice stock, or for roasting to add flavor to gravy. Now that they're ready to harvest, I have so many that I decided there has to be something more to do with them. I ate at a Thai restaurant yesterday, so the idea of curry came to mind. Here's what I came up with.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Peanut Butter Butterfinger CookiesSee More