- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound Large Shrimp -- butterflied
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut Fakes
- 1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Pina Colada Mix
- 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (can use just regular rum)
- 1 tablespoon Powder Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- Vegetable for deep frying
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce:
- 4 oz. pina colada mix
- 3 oz. sour cream
- 3 oz. drained, crushed pineapple
- Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
- Combine Pina Colada mix, powder sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Place 1/2 cup corn starch in a separate bowl. Heat oil for deep frying.
- Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375 degrees.
- Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture.
- Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain.
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce: Mix together ahead of time to let flavours meld.
NotesThis is a clone but it tastes just like what you get in the Red Lobster restaurant.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More