- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound Large Shrimp -- butterflied
- 1 cup Sweetened Coconut Fakes
- 1 cup Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Pina Colada Mix
- 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (can use just regular rum)
- 1 tablespoon Powder Sugar
- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- Vegetable for deep frying
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce:
- 4 oz. pina colada mix
- 3 oz. sour cream
- 3 oz. drained, crushed pineapple
- Mix bread crumbs, 1/4 cup cornstarch, and coconut in a deep bowl and set aside.
- Combine Pina Colada mix, powder sugar and rum in a small mixing bowl and set aside. Place 1/2 cup corn starch in a separate bowl. Heat oil for deep frying.
- Oil is ready for frying shrimp with it reaches 375 degrees.
- Coat shrimp first in corn starch, then into the Pina Colada mix, then dust shrimp in bread crumbs, coconut mixture.
- Second coating place back into Pina Colada mix, then again into coconut, and then the bread crumb mixture.
- Place prepared shrimp carefully into hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown, remove from fryer and drain.
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce: Mix together ahead of time to let flavours meld.
NotesThis is a clone but it tastes just like what you get in the Red Lobster restaurant.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More