Red Lobster's Orange Rum Glazed Snapper
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 1 tsp garlic, chopped (1 clove)
* ¼ cup sweet chili sauce (this is usually found in the Asian section at the grocery store)
* ¼ cup rum (Regular or Dark)
* ½ cup orange marmalade
* 1 large fennel bulb, white part only, thinly sliced
* 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
* 4 Snapper fillets, skinless
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 4 orange slices
* Aluminum foil
1. Preheat an indoor grill or conventional oven (If the indoor grill has a temperature control, preheat to 350 degrees, for the oven, preheat to 400 degrees).
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, sauté the olive oil and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
3. Mix in the sweet chili sauce, rum, and orange marmalade and stir often until a syrup is formed and all the marmalade is melted, remove from heat.
4. Meanwhile, tear off a piece of foil about 3 feet long. Mix the fennel and red pepper slices and lay out on the foil, covering about half of the foil & drizzle with ¼ cup of Orange Rum glaze.
5. Place the Snapper on top of glaze and season the fish with salt & pepper. Pour the remaining glaze over the Snapper, coating the fish well.
6. Place an orange slice on top of each piece of Snapper. Fold over the rest of the foil and crimp the edges to seal the pouch.
7. Place on the indoor grill or in the oven and cook until fish is white and flaky. This took about 10-12 minutes on a hinged top indoor grill and about 20 minutes in a conventional oven.
Pairs Well With
Fresh fish is flavored with a sweet glaze that carries a kick. The glaze is made from fresh oranges, tropical rums and just a little bit of spice.