- Cooking Time: 10-20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- * 1 tsp olive oil
- * 1 tsp garlic, chopped (1 clove)
- * ¼ cup sweet chili sauce (this is usually found in the Asian section at the grocery store)
- * ¼ cup rum (Regular or Dark)
- * ½ cup orange marmalade
- * 1 large fennel bulb, white part only, thinly sliced
- * 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- * 4 Snapper fillets, skinless
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- * 4 orange slices
- * Aluminum foil
- 1. Preheat an indoor grill or conventional oven (If the indoor grill has a temperature control, preheat to 350 degrees, for the oven, preheat to 400 degrees).
- 2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, sauté the olive oil and garlic for 3-5 minutes.
- 3. Mix in the sweet chili sauce, rum, and orange marmalade and stir often until a syrup is formed and all the marmalade is melted, remove from heat.
- 4. Meanwhile, tear off a piece of foil about 3 feet long. Mix the fennel and red pepper slices and lay out on the foil, covering about half of the foil & drizzle with ¼ cup of Orange Rum glaze.
- 5. Place the Snapper on top of glaze and season the fish with salt & pepper. Pour the remaining glaze over the Snapper, coating the fish well.
- 6. Place an orange slice on top of each piece of Snapper. Fold over the rest of the foil and crimp the edges to seal the pouch.
- 7. Place on the indoor grill or in the oven and cook until fish is white and flaky. This took about 10-12 minutes on a hinged top indoor grill and about 20 minutes in a conventional oven.
NotesFresh fish is flavored with a sweet glaze that carries a kick. The glaze is made from fresh oranges, tropical rums and just a little bit of spice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More