- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- * 2 pounds rock shrimp, peeled and deveined
- * ¼ cup butter
- * ½ cup green bell pepper, diced to one-half inch
- * ½ cup onion, diced to one-quarter inch
- * ¼ cup celery, chopped fine
- * 1 clove of garlic, minced
- * 2 tbsp. flour, all purpose
- * 1 can 14.5-ounce whole peeled tomatoes, roughly cut
- * 1 tsp. sugar
- * 1 tsp. salt
- * ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- * ¼ tsp. black pepper
- * 3-4 cups cooked rice
- 1. Rinse shrimp briefly and remove any large veins that are visible.
- 2. In a small sauce pan, melt 2 tbsp. of butter over medium heat.
- 3. Mix in flour and stir until dissolved and mixture begins to thicken, then reduce heat.
- 4. Add tomatoes and their juice to the butter and flour mixture, stir well, and heat through. The mixture will thicken. Hold warm.
- 5. In a large skillet, melt two tbsp. of butter, and over medium-high heat, cook bell pepper, onion, celery, and garlic until soft, but with a little bit of a crunch.
- 6. Add shrimp and cook until no longer transparent (three minutes).
- 7. Add tomato mixture, bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for five minutes.
- 8. Serve over hot rice (white or wild mixture).
NotesRock shrimp meets Creole cuisine in a spicy sauce with tomatoes, onions and peppers. Dip your favorite bread into a big bite of Louisiana.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More