- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 4 eight-to-ten ounce pieces of fresh salmon fillets, skinless
- * ½ cup canola oil
- * McCormick's Season All
- * 4 heaping portions of your favorite mashed potato recipe
- * Fresh vegetables of your choice (asparagus is a nice touch)
- * 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- * 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- * 4 lemon wedges
- Lobster Sauce
- * 1 live Maine lobster, 1 ¼ pound
- * 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- * 1 medium onion, diced
- * 2 stalks celery, diced
- * 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- * 1 bay leaf
- * 1 tsp. black peppercorns, whole
- * ¼ cup flour, all purpose
- * ½ cup butter, salted
- * 2 tbsps. tomato paste
- * ½ cup cream sherry
- * 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, stem removed
- * Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- * 1/4 Tsp garlic
- Lobster Sauce
- 1. Prepare lobster by cutting in half lengthwise through the head and body first.
- Remove tail halves, and claw and knuckle sections.
- These are the sections with the meat for the sauce.
- Cut the body into two-inch pieces.
- 2. In a two-quart stock pot heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add all diced vegetables, lobster, peppercorns, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cook on medium to medium-high heat, stirring continually for ten minutes or until the lobster shells start to turn red.
- Remove just the lobster pieces that contain meat and let cool for ten minutes.
- 3. Stir in flour and cook on medium heat, stirring continually for another 5 minutes.
- 4. Deglaze pan with sherry, then add cream.
- 5. Remove lobster meat from the shell, and set aside.
- Place leftover shells back into the lobster cream.
- Let reduce on low heat to desired consistency. (We suggest thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.)
- 6. Cut lobster meat into half-inch chunks.
- 7. Strain lobster sauce into a smaller pot and discard shell/vegetable mixture.
- 8. Stir in lobster meat and garlic and season sauce to taste with salt and pepper just before serving.
- Grilled Salmon
- 1. Lightly brush both sides of fillets with olive oil and season with McCormick's Season All.
- 2. Pre-heat grill on medium-high heat and place salmon on, skin-side up. Grill for 4-5 minutes until well marked.
- 3. Turn fish over and continue grilling another 5-6 minutes or until your fresh fish preference is reached.
NotesWhat meal isn't better with lobster? This dish whips traditional mashed potatoes into a seafood frenzy, with the savory flavors of lobster and salmon front and center.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More