- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 4 eight-to-ten ounce pieces of fresh salmon fillets, skinless
- * ½ cup canola oil
- * McCormick's Season All
- * 4 heaping portions of your favorite mashed potato recipe
- * Fresh vegetables of your choice (asparagus is a nice touch)
- * 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- * 2 tbsp. chopped green onions
- * 4 lemon wedges
- Lobster Sauce
- * 1 live Maine lobster, 1 ¼ pound
- * 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- * 1 medium onion, diced
- * 2 stalks celery, diced
- * 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- * 1 bay leaf
- * 1 tsp. black peppercorns, whole
- * ¼ cup flour, all purpose
- * ½ cup butter, salted
- * 2 tbsps. tomato paste
- * ½ cup cream sherry
- * 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, stem removed
- * Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- * 1/4 Tsp garlic
- Lobster Sauce
- 1. Prepare lobster by cutting in half lengthwise through the head and body first.
- Remove tail halves, and claw and knuckle sections.
- These are the sections with the meat for the sauce.
- Cut the body into two-inch pieces.
- 2. In a two-quart stock pot heat the butter over medium heat.
- Add all diced vegetables, lobster, peppercorns, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cook on medium to medium-high heat, stirring continually for ten minutes or until the lobster shells start to turn red.
- Remove just the lobster pieces that contain meat and let cool for ten minutes.
- 3. Stir in flour and cook on medium heat, stirring continually for another 5 minutes.
- 4. Deglaze pan with sherry, then add cream.
- 5. Remove lobster meat from the shell, and set aside.
- Place leftover shells back into the lobster cream.
- Let reduce on low heat to desired consistency. (We suggest thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.)
- 6. Cut lobster meat into half-inch chunks.
- 7. Strain lobster sauce into a smaller pot and discard shell/vegetable mixture.
- 8. Stir in lobster meat and garlic and season sauce to taste with salt and pepper just before serving.
- Grilled Salmon
- 1. Lightly brush both sides of fillets with olive oil and season with McCormick's Season All.
- 2. Pre-heat grill on medium-high heat and place salmon on, skin-side up. Grill for 4-5 minutes until well marked.
- 3. Turn fish over and continue grilling another 5-6 minutes or until your fresh fish preference is reached.
NotesWhat meal isn't better with lobster? This dish whips traditional mashed potatoes into a seafood frenzy, with the savory flavors of lobster and salmon front and center.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More