Red Lobster's Sesame Ginger-Seared Grouper with Asian Vegetables
* 4 eight- to ten-ounce pieces of fresh grouper fillets, skinless
* ½ cup canola oil
* Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Blackened Redfish Magic
* 2 tbsp. green onions, chopped
* 4 seven-ounce portions cooked Asian soba noodles (linguini can be substituted)
* 2 ounces red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
* 4 ounces broccoli florets, slightly blanched and chilled
* 4 ounces snow peas, slightly blanched and chilled
* 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
* 24 ounces sesame ginger sauce (There are many commercial sauces, dressings and marinades with this flavor profile. Pick your favorite.)
1. Mix the raw bell peppers and mushrooms with the blanched broccoli and snow peas.
Season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Set aside.
These will be sautéed just enough to heat when serving.
1. Heat water in a medium saucepan.
This will be used to reheat cooked noodles before serving.
1. Heat sauce over low heat.
1. Lightly brush both sides of the grouper with oil and lightly season with Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Blackened Redfish Magic.
2. Pre-heat a non-stick sauté pan on medium to medium-high heat.
Place one tbsp. of oil into the pan.
3. Sear the seasoned fillets for 3-4 minutes. Turn fish over and sear an additional 4-5 minutes or until your fresh fish preference is reached. (For thicker fillets, it may be necessary to finish the fish in a 350-degree oven.)