- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3/4 cup
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 oz. arugula, or mixed greens -- young and tender
- 4 oz. roasted red pepper, from a jar or homemade
- 1/4 tsp chili-garlic sauce ("Rooster" or Lan Chi), adjust to taste or omit
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or 1/4 tsp table or sea salt
- 1 Tb fresh lemon juice
- Toast the walnuts over very low heat until fragrant.
- Cut the tops of the greens coarsely; include tender stems.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Run until you have a smooth puree.
- Put in a container and store in the refrigerator. It keeps very well.
NotesI found a Red Pepper Pesto recipe at theperfectpantry.com, and before I knew it it turned into something else. Yesterday I picked greens from a friend's garden, and she told me that in Turkey, arugula is called 'rocket.' Since the peppers I used are from Turkey, it seemed just right.
You can use it on pasta or vegetables, on sandwiches, as a final touch for a soup, in an omelet or alongside fried eggs -- or a dip for fries, homefries...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More