- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3/4 cup
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 oz. arugula, or mixed greens -- young and tender
- 4 oz. roasted red pepper, from a jar or homemade
- 1/4 tsp chili-garlic sauce ("Rooster" or Lan Chi), adjust to taste or omit
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or 1/4 tsp table or sea salt
- 1 Tb fresh lemon juice
- Toast the walnuts over very low heat until fragrant.
- Cut the tops of the greens coarsely; include tender stems.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Run until you have a smooth puree.
- Put in a container and store in the refrigerator. It keeps very well.
NotesI found a Red Pepper Pesto recipe at theperfectpantry.com, and before I knew it it turned into something else. Yesterday I picked greens from a friend's garden, and she told me that in Turkey, arugula is called 'rocket.' Since the peppers I used are from Turkey, it seemed just right.
You can use it on pasta or vegetables, on sandwiches, as a final touch for a soup, in an omelet or alongside fried eggs -- or a dip for fries, homefries...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Taste of CenturyLink
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More