RED PEPPER - ROCKET SPREAD
Red Pepper - Rocket Spread
- Servings: 3/4 cup
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 2 oz. arugula, or mixed greens -- young and tender
- 4 oz. roasted red pepper, from a jar or homemade
- 1/4 tsp chili-garlic sauce ("Rooster" or Lan Chi), adjust to taste or omit
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or 1/4 tsp table or sea salt
- 1 Tb fresh lemon juice
Toast the walnuts over very low heat until fragrant.
Cut the tops of the greens coarsely; include tender stems.
Put all the ingredients in a food processor.
Run until you have a smooth puree.
Put in a container and store in the refrigerator. It keeps very well.
You can use it on pasta or vegetables, on sandwiches, as a final touch for a soup, in an omelet or alongside fried eggs -- or a dip for fries, homefries...