- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 8
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) ATHENOS Traditional Crumbled Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) French bread, cut into 18 slices
- MIX peppers, cheese, onions, 1 Tbsp. of the oil, the garlic and lemon juice; set aside.
- BRUSH bread slices lightly with remaining 3 Tbsp. oil; place on baking sheet.
- BROIL 2 to 3 min. on each side or until lightly toasted on both sides.
- Top each toast slice with about 1 Tbsp of the pepper mixture.
- Yield: 18 servings.
NotesMy friend Brittany told me about this recipe, which is from kraftfoods.com. It is SO good! I make mine a little different than the recipe, in that I usually just buy crostini and put it on there, rather than baking the bread in the oven.
Breads and Pastry 101
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More