- Cooking Time: 45 min to an hour
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbl. Pepper Jelly
- 3 Tbl. Grey Poupon mustard
- 3 Tbl. honey
- optional: A couple dashes of hot pepper sauce, for those who like a little heat
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Grease or spray an oven=proof casserole, large enough to accomodate chicken.
- Wipe chicken dry and arrange in the casserole.
- In a small bowl, spoon in jelly and microwave about 25 seconds, just to warm enough to make mixing easier.
- Add mustard and honey (and hot sauce, if used) to the warmed jelly, and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over the chicken breasts, coating all sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, turning twice during baking to glaze and brown.
- Remove and place on a platter to serve, pouring the thickened glaze over the chicken to serve.
NotesWhen a friend-of-a-friend started a business selling jams, jellies and salad dressings, I bought some of her Red Pepper jelly (www.sophie-maries.com). I came up with this recipe, loosely based on some I had seen on the internet. It turned out awesome, and so simple, too! Leftovers make delicious chicken salad. I geared this recipe for 3 chicken portions, but it can easily be adjusted up or down; just remember 1 Tbl of each ingredient per chicken breast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More