- Cooking Time: 45 min to an hour
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbl. Pepper Jelly
- 3 Tbl. Grey Poupon mustard
- 3 Tbl. honey
- optional: A couple dashes of hot pepper sauce, for those who like a little heat
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Grease or spray an oven=proof casserole, large enough to accomodate chicken.
- Wipe chicken dry and arrange in the casserole.
- In a small bowl, spoon in jelly and microwave about 25 seconds, just to warm enough to make mixing easier.
- Add mustard and honey (and hot sauce, if used) to the warmed jelly, and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over the chicken breasts, coating all sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, turning twice during baking to glaze and brown.
- Remove and place on a platter to serve, pouring the thickened glaze over the chicken to serve.
NotesWhen a friend-of-a-friend started a business selling jams, jellies and salad dressings, I bought some of her Red Pepper jelly (www.sophie-maries.com). I came up with this recipe, loosely based on some I had seen on the internet. It turned out awesome, and so simple, too! Leftovers make delicious chicken salad. I geared this recipe for 3 chicken portions, but it can easily be adjusted up or down; just remember 1 Tbl of each ingredient per chicken breast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More