- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3c Rice Wine vinegar
- 1/3c Soy sauce
- 1/8c Lemon juice
- 1/3-1/2c Brown sugar (I us DARK and MORE of it, coz I like it sweet)
- 2-3tblsp Walnut or Sesame oil (walnut will give you a much stronger flavor)
- 2tsp Ginger
- 1tsp Chinese 5-Spice
- 1 sm head Red cabbage, shredded
- 2 med Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1c Cashews or Peanuts- your choice- halves or pieces
- 2-3 green onions, sliced julienne
- Whisk together briskly first 7 ingredients for dressing, ensuring sugar and spices dissolve and blend.
- Toss veggies, fruit and nuts together in large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss well to coat.
- Serving tips: I like the taste better after it's sat in the frig for a day, BUT- it's prettier if you serve within a couple of hours BECAUSE the cabbage will eventually stain the other ingredients purple.
- I serve this w/Fish Tacos (see my recipe for MahiMahi Wraps)!
NotesI call it "red", well, coz it's made of red cabbage... BUT- one could very well use Napa or Chinese and call it "Asian", because that's really kinda what it is...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More