- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 whole canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, capers, black olives, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 11x7 inch baking dish, and arrange the snapper fillets in a single layer in the dish. Drizzle lemon juice over the fillets, and then pour the remaining sauce over all.
- Bake for 15 minutes for 1/2 inch thick fillets, or 30 minutes for 1 inch thick fillets. Baste once with the sauce while baking. Snapper is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Social CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More