RED SNAPPER LIVORNESE
- Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 whole canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound red snapper fillets
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, capers, black olives, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 11x7 inch baking dish, and arrange the snapper fillets in a single layer in the dish. Drizzle lemon juice over the fillets, and then pour the remaining sauce over all.
Bake for 15 minutes for 1/2 inch thick fillets, or 30 minutes for 1 inch thick fillets. Baste once with the sauce while baking. Snapper is done when it flakes easily with a fork.