- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA friend of mine is from the South and makes this great Red Velvet Cake for many occasions.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temp.
- 2 eggs, room temp.
- 2 T. Cocoa powder
- 2 oz. red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup melted marshmellows
- 1 lb. confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Add flour and all dry ingredients to your stand mixer bowl or regular bowl.
- Mix for a couple of seconds to incorporate dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients and beat mixture for 2 minutes.
- Spray and flour the bottom and sides of a Bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Test at 35 minutes
- Let cool and then remove from pan.
- Beat, cream cheese, butter, marshmallows and confectioners' sugar till smooth.
- Ice cake and sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More