- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter, room temp.
- 2 eggs, room temp.
- 2 T. Cocoa powder
- 2 oz. red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 T. vinegar
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup melted marshmellows
- 1 lb. confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Add flour and all dry ingredients to your stand mixer bowl or regular bowl.
- Mix for a couple of seconds to incorporate dry ingredients.
- Add liquid ingredients and beat mixture for 2 minutes.
- Spray and flour the bottom and sides of a Bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Test at 35 minutes
- Let cool and then remove from pan.
- Beat, cream cheese, butter, marshmallows and confectioners' sugar till smooth.
- Ice cake and sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
NotesA friend of mine is from the South and makes this great Red Velvet Cake for many occasions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More