- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together cream cheese and butter.
- Add powered sugar a little at a time until well blended.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Frost cake!
NotesThis is our family recipe for Red Velvet Cake, which we always make during the holidays (although it's good any time!) I believe this particular recipe was published in a North Carolina newspaper many, many years ago.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Koken met Oma
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More