- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together cream cheese and butter.
- Add powered sugar a little at a time until well blended.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Frost cake!
NotesThis is our family recipe for Red Velvet Cake, which we always make during the holidays (although it's good any time!) I believe this particular recipe was published in a North Carolina newspaper many, many years ago.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Social Cookbook
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More