- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces butter, softened
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together cream cheese and butter.
- Add powered sugar a little at a time until well blended.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Frost cake!
NotesThis is our family recipe for Red Velvet Cake, which we always make during the holidays (although it's good any time!) I believe this particular recipe was published in a North Carolina newspaper many, many years ago.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Social Cookbook
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More