- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- cake preparation :
- Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C
- In a bowl, separate egg whites ans yolks and beat separately .
- Beat butter and sugar until it turns fluffy.
- Fold in the eggs and beat well.
- Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring and add it to the mixture.
- Mix baking soda and vinegar.
- Add salt, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Fold in the flour in an alternate process with the buttermilk.
- Don't beat the cake batter anymore.
- In a non-stick baking pan, pour the contents and bake for 25-30 mins.
- cool off in a wire rack.
- heat milk and flour in a low heat and stir it till it thickens.
- cool it completely.
- Mix vanilla, butter and sugar and beat the mixture until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add it to the cooled flour mixture and beat it.
- Put icing on the cake layers and serve.
Notesa favorite among friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
The Naked Macaron
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More