- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- cake preparation :
- Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C
- In a bowl, separate egg whites ans yolks and beat separately .
- Beat butter and sugar until it turns fluffy.
- Fold in the eggs and beat well.
- Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring and add it to the mixture.
- Mix baking soda and vinegar.
- Add salt, vanilla and buttermilk.
- Fold in the flour in an alternate process with the buttermilk.
- Don't beat the cake batter anymore.
- In a non-stick baking pan, pour the contents and bake for 25-30 mins.
- cool off in a wire rack.
- heat milk and flour in a low heat and stir it till it thickens.
- cool it completely.
- Mix vanilla, butter and sugar and beat the mixture until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add it to the cooled flour mixture and beat it.
- Put icing on the cake layers and serve.
Notesa favorite among friends!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More