- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis cake is delicious and is from First Magazine #289916. My mother found this recipe and wanted me to make it for Easter. She was right as usual. It was an excellent choice. Forget calories when you make this.
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 18.5 ounces red velvet cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup corn oil, use your preference
- 8 ounces cream cheese, reduced fat
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 3 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- In bowl of mixer on medium speed, beat almond paste and 11/3cups water for 2 minutes.
- Add next 3 ingredients (cake mix, eggs and oil).
- On low speed, beat 30 seconds; scrape bowl then beat 2 more minutes on medium speed.
- Divide between two 8" round cake pans coated with flour based cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean; cool on rack.
- Half cake layers.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat next 2 ingredients (cream cheese and mascarpone), 1 cup heavy cream, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract 2 minutes.
- Beat remaining cream and sugar 2 minutes, then fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Place 1 cake layer on plate; top with 1 cup cream mixture. Repeat twice.
- Coat cake with remaining cream mixture and top with berries ( using a mix of berries like starwberries, raspberries citrus curls and edible flowers looked terrific in the photo!).
- Enjoy! ;).
- This cake is delicious and is from First Magazine #289916. My mother found this recipe and wanted me to make it for Easter. She was right as usual. It was an excellent choice. Forget calories when you make this.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More