RED VELVET CHEESECAKE
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 2oz bottles red food coloring
- 1 3oz ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Stir together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 TBS. granulated sugar.
Press into bottom of 9 inch springform pan.
Beat 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium-low speed with an electric mixer, 1 minute.
Add eggs and next 6 ingredients, mixing on low speed just until fully combined.
Pour batter into prepared crust.
Bake 325 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is firm.
Run knife along outer edge of cheesecake.
Turn off oven.
Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes.
Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
Cover and chill 8 hours.
Beat 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth.
Spread evenly over top of cheesecake.
Remove sides of springform pan.
Garnish if desired.