- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Muffin Tins and Cupcake Papers
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons liquid red food coloring (Add more for desired darkness)
- 2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with cupcake papers. .
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a separate bowl, mix milk and vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes curdling will occur. Then add the oil, eggs, food coloring and vanilla to the milk mixture, whisking until mixed.
- Using a stand mixer, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the paddle until just combined.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into the tins - about 3/4 full. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More