- Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 oz (1 bottle) red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; line cupcake pans with liners.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa and soda in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, buttermilk and oil and blend well. Stir in the vinegar, vanilla, and almond extract. Add the food coloring, making sure to blend in completely.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake cupcakes for 15-18 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Frost with buttercream or cream cheese frosting.
NotesMy MIL asked me to make these many weeks ago and I finally got to it. I searched the Internet and combined what I thought sounded best. In the end, I topped them with a buttercream frosting, but a nice cream cheese frosting would be good, too.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Indian Inspired STIR-FRYs
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume OneSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More