- Cooking Time: 15-18 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 oz (1 bottle) red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; line cupcake pans with liners.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa and soda in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, buttermilk and oil and blend well. Stir in the vinegar, vanilla, and almond extract. Add the food coloring, making sure to blend in completely.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full. Bake cupcakes for 15-18 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Frost with buttercream or cream cheese frosting.
NotesMy MIL asked me to make these many weeks ago and I finally got to it. I searched the Internet and combined what I thought sounded best. In the end, I topped them with a buttercream frosting, but a nice cream cheese frosting would be good, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More